In this post you’ll see how you can enjoy the health benefits of a massage chair. If you’ve never yet tried one, you’ll soon understand how better life could be if you had one!
The stresses and strains of daily living exact a toll on our mental and physical health. Life becomes overwhelming as the pressure of work and social activities mounts up. The result is chronic joint or muscle pain and emotional stress!
This is when you wish you had a massage chair in your home.
Best Massage Chair Features for Better Health
There are different brands of massage chairs in a wide range of prices; some have features you might not have heard of. Most massage chairs have rollers on the back-rest (S-track technology) which take into account the natural S-shape of the spine to work the back. They can massage from the neck down to the tailbone. Air compression is used to massage the rest of the body.
A new introduction, known as extended-roller track or “L-track”, works together with S-track but extends into the seat of the chair and reaches to the end of the hamstrings. Having L-track in your massage chair model will give you a deeper massage in the gluteal area. This will be especially beneficial for people who regularly engage in activities such as football, climbing or heavy lifting.
Most massage chairs come with 2D massage rollers. The bother with 2D rollers, though, is that you cannot adjust their intensity. However, with 3D and 4D chairs you can jut-out the rollers further into the back to enjoy a deep-tissue massage. With 3D chairs you can adjust both the roller strength and airbag strength.
In spite of these 3D “extras”, the 2D chairs remain by far the most popular of the two types. Most users are satisfied with the amount of pressure delivered by the 2D models.
Important health benefits of a massage chair
A massage chair typically performs many of the movements that a massage therapist would use, therefore some benefits that you would derive from using a massage chair would be:
- Better spine alignment. A reclining massage chair relieves pressure on the spine. Spinal tension or misaligned vertebrae can put pressure on nerves. As the muscles relax under the action of the massage chair, the vertebrae regain their natural alignment. When “pinched” nerves are free of pressure, nerve impulses are again able to travel freely to the extremities.
- Stress relief. Stress affects your physiological as well as mental well-being. It can cause sleeping problems, high blood pressure and poor appetite. A massage chair can help control your blood pressure by reducing levels of cortisol in the bloodstream.
- Better blood flow. Improved circulation can carry more oxygen and nutrients to cells.
- Better removal of waste products. Improved circulation allows for more efficient removal of toxins and waste matter from the blood.
- Soothing of aching muscles and relaxing the body. As muscles become more relaxed, your balance and posture are corrected and improved.
Apart from the obvious health benefits of a massage chair, there are also financial benefits when viewed in the long term. When you consider that the average cost of a visit to a massage practitioner is around $60, it could amount to a substantial sum just for one person during the course of a year.
When you have a massage chair in your home, you can access it at any time of the day – no appointments to keep, no travelling to a masseur or masseuse. It might seem costly at first but in the long run it is an investment in your health and well-being.